Our recommendations for your car tyre care
You should carry out certain checks so that you can use your tyres for as long as possible. Some of them have recommended intervals, for example because tyre pressure can decrease over time. Other checks are only needed where appropriate, for instance after an unwanted collision with the curb.
- Measurement of the tyre pressure every 14 days.
- Checking of the tread depth every 14 days, ideally before every long journey.
- Visual check for damage caused by sharp objects, cuts, cracks and bumps.
- Balancing the seasonal tyre change.
- Keeping track of the tyre age.
- Inspection of the valves and valve caps.
- Tyre cleaning and care.
- Visual check for cracks, scratches and/or bumps after bumping the curb.
- Check for irregular wear and tracking after hitting a pothole.